Title: Hanky Panky
Date Taken: September 15, 2012

Went to Straw Carnival Fare in Hayes Valley yesterday. We got the Hanky Panky (pictured above) which is: "belgian waffle/fried eggs/hickory smoked bacon/cheddar potato croquettes" for $11.50 (excluding tax & tip). I must say, the croquettes were absolutely delicious *0* The waffle was okay; for some reason there was something about the taste that I personally felt like was lacking. It didn't taste horrible; I just feel like it could've been better. Luckily we shared; the portion filled the both of us comfortably.


Outside:


It is a fairly small venue; they opened at 10:00 a.m. so we decided to get there early since we were expecting around 10 people in our party. They had a couple of four-top tables and basically a lot of two-top tables with one side of the restaurant's seating being a ledge on the wall. They also had a couple of small tables outside.

Entrance:


I really liked this at the entrance: "Step Right Up" ^__^ Fit the theme of a carnival perfectly!

Table setting:


Their cups were jars! Interesting touch~
If you look closely, you can see the ledge seating I mentioned earlier. I had the pleasure of sitting on that - unfortunately, however, I got the spot where the electrical plug was so it was rather uncomfortable. And to top it off, I think the ledge was just slightly too shallow (at least for me), so it was not the most comfortable seat. They did have a 2 seater by the window that was probably from one of those rides that constantly spins - I thought that was cool.

Overall, I think this is an interesting restaurant to try out. They didn't take reservations, but were able to accommodate our large party (11 people total). Although, that might have been because we arrived at the very start of the day. The restaurant filled up quickly afterwards, though. The servers were really nice, but the food was okay. It's a little hard to get here by public transportation and parking isn't that easy either. I wish they could've incorporated more carnival games into the restaurant, but taking into account their venue size I understand why they can't.

,

Leave a Reply