Title: Twenty Five Lusk
Date Taken: November 11, 2012

Went to Twenty Five Lusk to celebrate our cousin's birthday with Sunday brunch at 1:00 p.m. haha


We used the Gilt City promotion so it was $25 (non inclusive) for an entree, doughnuts & coffee, and a cocktail. Since most of us didn't drink, we were able to substitute for a non-alcoholic drink. Most of us got orange juice haha


It was freshly squeezed orange juice, which is good. Except I hate pulp T^T

They gave complimentary smoothie (shots?) that was strawberry banana - yum!


Then came the breakfast muffins:


It came with goat butter or cow butter (a.k.a. regular butter haha). I stuck with the regular cow butter :P

We had a choice of lobster, filet mignon, or raspberry & fig pancakes. We decided to share to try more of the menu so one got the pancakes while the other got the filet mignon ^0^


These pancakes were HUGE and stuffed with raspberries and figs! It was super buttery so I couldn't eat more than half a pancake. The syrup bowl was awesome looking, but so hard to pour!


This is the filet mignon - it was a little on the small side. I like steak so it's hard to disappoint me so I'll just say that I wish it were bigger, especially because the plate (rim) was so ginormous.


I got coffee because it came with the "package". I had to put a lot of cream/milk and sugar though.. SUGAR IN THE RAW. IT NEVER MELTS. Although, the sugar seemed to have melted, so maybe it wasn't sugar in the raw. Thank goodness.


Doughnuts! Half of these were plain, the other half were stuffed with some filling (someone insisted it was strawberry, but it didn't taste like strawberry...). And on the side was melted chocolate for dipping :)


We had a private side room, but this is the general dining area. Brunch was over by the time we finished so the restaurant was pretty empty as we were leaving.


Overall, although the food isn't bad, it's not a place I think I'd visit again or at least in the near future. It might have been due to the fact that we were a fairly large party (11 people) but the service was incredibly slow. Although all the servers were nice, it felt like it took them forever and a day to bring out each round of food. Our reservation was 1:15 p.m. and we didn't leave until past 3:00 p.m. The place looks very upscale and the food pricing accompanies that. I'm not sure if I agree with the pricing but I guess it would've been more of a deal to us if we got an alcoholic drink and if we normally order all of those appetizers and desserts.

,

Leave a Reply