Title: Susie Cakes
Date Taken: July 7, 2012

We went to Susie Cakes over the weekend ^0^ We got the Coconut cupcake, their seasonal Blueberry Pancake cupcake, and chocolate chip cookie. Review and pictures under the cut!


Coconut cupcake:


This was frosting filled, and they weren't kidding when they say that! It's very moist but is basically a vanilla cupcake with shredded coconut mixed into the frosting. Good, but I don't think I'll be in dire need to eat this every time I'm craving a cupcake or coconut.


Seasonal Blueberry cupcake:


Very delicious! I wasn't expecting much, but it was really good! So saddening that it's a seasonal cupcake :(


Chocolate chip cookie:


I really wanted this because it's pretty ginormous~ But there's nothing oh-too-special about this cookie other than it's size.


Despite my unenthusiastic review, I wouldn't say this place is bad or anything. If I was passing by and was craving some sweets I'd pop on in. I'm kind of interested in trying their other items actually. They had samples out and it happened to be one of their sweetie pies. That was good, but for whatever reason we didn't get one that day. They have a bunch of cakes out but we didn't try that either - might get it the next time I'm in the area. I'd say give this place a try!

,

2 COMMENTS

  1. Try the strawberry-rhubarb pie next time. Takes me back to summer's at my grandmother's in the midwest! My husband loved it too!

  2. @Jody Slater: That sounds delicious!! Will do - thanks for the recommendation!

Leave a Reply