Title: Bar Tartine
Date Taken:
February 3, 2013

I have been to Tartine Bakery a few times, but I finally had the chance to go to their restaurant, Bar Tartine. I believe they change their menu weekly ^___^


Decor:


Table Setting:


Sliced bread assortment:


The bread was delicious! There were three kinds of bread on this assortment; plain, oat, and seed. It was a little difficult to share so we asked for a knife to cut the bread ^___^;;

Egg & avocado sandwich on smoked potato bun with bacon:


I ordered this :) It was good! Until I started tasting something weird... which I think was mustard seeds. I don't like mustard so I have never tasted mustard seeds, but I think that was the conclusion amongst my friends and I that it was there - you can't see it in this picture, though. So if it weren't for that, I would've really liked this sandwich. I wish they put it on the menu so I would've known, but alas their menu is very minimal.

Eggs Benedict with bacon on rye toast:


My friend really enjoyed this - and it looks amazing *0*

Butternut squash hummus with walnuts and curried yoghurt:


My other friend ordered this and really liked it as well

Mysterious meal:


I do not remember what my other friend ordered. I tried looking at the picture and comparing it to the menu, but I could not match it to any of the descriptions; it seemed to be a mash up of multiple menu items. But I'll leave it here as a token of what they did offer.


Overall I like this place. The atmosphere and service was comfortable. The food was a little off for me, but not so much that I would forbid myself from coming here. I'd definitely come back again if opportunity arises. The only drawback is that this place is a slight bit hard to find because the address is not on the building and there is no sign. You'll have to rely on the neighboring stores' addresses to realize it's in between them haha

,

Leave a Reply